How to Move from Depression to Joy in 7 Simple Steps
Updated: May 10, 2019
Are you depressed or have you been suffering from depression? Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Feeling misunderstood and not sure what to do?
I understand, can relate personally, and have experienced depression on four separate occasions. I had been to several doctors and therapists and still things hadn’t changed. I had a strong desire to know why it was happening continuously. Something deep within me said this was not who I really was, I did not come to suffer and that it was going to stop. I then made the decision to seek answers from within. I began to ask myself a series questions:
1. Why am I here?
2. What is my purpose?
3. What am I not doing that I am to start doing?
It was only then that I embarked on the most incredible spiritual journey that led me to where I am now and am so blessed for it. I have learned more about myself in the last four years than the entire time I have been on this planet! If you are reading this, it means you too, are ready for a change. You are asking and are now ready to hear. So proud of you, and congratulate you for I know how difficult it is to admit you are depressed, and then ask for help.
I really want you to know one thing, that it "is" possible to get out of depression and back into joy without the chronic use of medication. I am an advocate for empowering people to go within and make the changes that will have lasting effects long term. You, my love, have simply forgotten how truly magnificent and powerful you really are. It is my great pleasure to help you to remember.
You Are a Vibrational Being
You are a Soul having a human experience. One who is loved beyond description and worthy beyond measure. You are an extension of Source or God energy who is with you experiencing life with you. This life force energy that flows to and through you, that moves this body is…God. This energy is also connected to the universe and all that is. We are emanating a vibration all day, every day. This vibration is tied to the thoughts we think, which then invoke a specific emotion. The universe then responds accordingly, and we attract into our experience what is a vibrational match. This includes thoughts, previous memories, feelings as well as new experiences, and people. If we are negatively focused, we vibrate at a lower frequency attract things and people who match this frequency.
The Root Cause of Depression.
As we move along our path, we pick up ways of being that do not serve us, disconnects us from who we are naturally which is joyful, loving and harmonious. Some of those things may include:
1. Comparing to others or unattainable standards
2. Criticizing self and others
3. Keeping Score
4. Worrying about what others/society thinks about you or what you're doing or not doing
5. Making assumptions about yourself or others
6. Focusing only on the things that have gone wrong rather than accomplishments
8. Feeling like you must suffer to be “worthy” of what you want. i.e. house, car or better job
9. Arguing for your limitations. i.e. I don’t have the time, money, education or language.
10. Having beliefs that are no longer in alignment with who you now are and becoming.
All of these things hold you apart from who you really are which is amazing and brilliant. So let them go and begin to embrace the one thing you can count on which is your relationship with your Soul and this God-force energy. Go inwards and connect…listen…follow through on the guidance. Some of you may feel it scary to do that, being that you haven’t done it before. I am here to tell you there is nothing to be afraid of. What you will discover is YOU, your guidance system and your power. There is nothing more empowering than to know what you are asking is being heard and you are guided towards it. I promise you. You will begin to awaken to your truth. You have simply forgotten your true purpose and connecting with your core will help to remind you of this.
Master Your Inner World, Master Your Life!
7 Steps to mastering your inner world:
1. Be present
2. Meditate to release thought, raise vibration and connect with God energy
3. Replace negative thoughts with better feeling ones moment by moment.
4. Let your emotions guide you into alignment with Source.
5. Honour your feelings. It is okay to feel what you feel, just don’t hang out in the negative too long.
6. Eat and sleep well. Do loving things for yourself to feel really good.
7. Stop looking to others for validation, or confirmation on how to live your life.
Once you live life on your own terms by following your inner guidance and maintaining a strong connection, your perceptions begin to shift. You’re not here to prove anything to anyone…just live your best life…now. Its about what makes you truly happy. Not standards set by someone else. Just you. So, what do you want to experience? By releasing old ways of being, you allow your vibration to raise naturally putting you in a better place to attract more fun, exciting and extraordinary experiences and more importantly, to know who you really are. You will feel your worthiness, goodness and love. There is nothing more freeing than this.
Some resources for you to read are:
1. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
2. Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life by Wayne Dyer
3. 101 Power Thoughts by Louse L. Hay.